What gifts can you give to your blogging friends? What gifts would you like to receive?
This gift wish list has essential items we bloggers need including many free things like plug-ins or tools.
But it also includes splurge items bloggers don’t know they need until they get them.
Leave a comment telling me what’s on your gift list for you and your blogging friends.
Free Gifts for Bloggers
1. Gift your time. Make a recommendation to new bloggers or help them out. You could offer to help them set up their Facebook page or give them tips on how to get started on Twitter. Or if you’re clever with the techie stuff you could help install some plug-ins.
If you’re time poor? It doesn’t take long to send someone an email saying:
“Hey, I noticed you’re not on Twitter yet. I think you’d connect with some great people there. There are some great Twitter tips here to help you get started.
Happy *insert celebration name here*!”
I regularly recommend these to new bloggers:
MailChimp – To manage your email subscribers. It’s currently free up for lists with up to 2,000 subscribers which should be enough for new bloggers then there’s a monthly charge after that.
– A social media management tool that let’s you manage Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn from one dashboard. I love it, I use the pro version which saves me huge amounts of time for only $9.99 a month.
Gmail – Get all your emails forwarded to one place and stored online so you never lose them free.
Rapportive – It’s a free add-on to your Gmail account which shows you everything about your contacts right inside your inbox so you can immediately connect with them on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more.
Dropbox – Free automatic storage of all your file. Use it all the time!
Evernote – Saves your ideas and allows you to input or access them from your computer and most mobile devices.
2. Free eBooks
It’s the thought that counts. Just email them the book as a small gift with a message:
“I thought you might like this eBook. Happy *insert celebration name here*!”
Create Compelling Content Successfully: Click here to get the free report.
Blog Writing Magic Click here to get your free “Blog Writing Magic” eBook.
It’s the thought that counts. Just email them the book as a small gift with a message or some beautiful love quotes.
Essential Gifts for Bloggers
3. Web Hosting – Boring but essential.
4. Kindle – My favorite since they first came out!
5. iPad or Surface Tablet
–I have the Surface and it is brilliant for reading books, listening to podcasts and working on. I love taking notes on it then I can just copy and paste them into a draft blog post and share them fast. This has to be the best gift ever for bloggers who don’t already have one.
6. Web custom theme – Like Thesis, Headway, Genesis. We use the Genesis Theme for WordPress on this blog.
Two suggestions: Uncertainty by Jonathan Fields which is excellent or any book by Seth Godin: I’ve read four of Seth’s books so far. Start with Purple Cow and Permission Marketing.
Problogger books – The Blogger’s Guide to Online Marketing, Problogger’s Guide to Your First Week of Blogging and the classic 31 Days to a Build a Better Blog.